Between May 2013 and Dec 2015, I conducted a 2.5 year long blogging experiment. These articles document what I learned during and after completion of this experiment. I wrote over 160 technical articles focused on Tableau and Alteryx during the experiment and many interesting findings were made.
The 3danim8 Blogging Experiment
It was in June 2013, on a beautiful spring day in Knoxville, TN, that I decided to create my Tableau blogging experiment. This experiment has been published on WordPress.com in a blog called “3danim8’s Blog”.
I really only had one question I wanted to answer by writing this blog. I wanted to know if people would read my blog if I took the time to write it. Well, I now have that answer. However, there was another reason for me doing this work. I was running a secret scientific experiment designed to help me be the best technical blogger possible.
Looking back on the experiment, not only can I quantify how many readers read my blog, I can also determine how long it took them to discover my work. Additionally, I have learned what readers like, what they don’t like, and what they are indifferent about. In other words, I have learned a lot. Now it is time for me to share some more of those insights with you as I close this experiment but continue my future work as a technical blogger.
The Result Articles Written During the Experiment
- Click here to learn about lessons learned (part 1) during the experiment.
- Click here to learn about lessons learned (part 2) during the experiment.
- Click here to find out which Tableau bloggers you should consider following.
- Click here to learn about you can gain value from Tableau blogs.
The Ending and Aftermath of the Experiment
- Click here to review the official ending of the experiment (The Conclusion and overview of why I did the experiment)
- Click here to review the aftermath of the experiment and why I was frustrated with one aspect of what I was unable to do during the experiment.
The Result Articles Written After the Experiment
- Part 1 – Geographical expansion of the blog
- Part 2 – Quantifying the importance of using the terms “How, How To, How To Use” in blog titles.
- Part 3 – Determining the importance of articles that are either fast out of the gate or slower performing over time.
- Part 4 – Processing the asynchronous time series data from the experiment.
- Part 5 – The final analysis of the experiment (under construction)
Articles Related to Measurement Systems and Processing Experimental Results
- Click here to understand that not all web page measurement systems are equal.
- Click here to view a word cloud that represents the 3danim8 article history.
- Click here to search the entire 3danim8 blog library for any word.
Dynamic Searching of 3danim8 Blog Library
- Click here to search every blog article for any word of interest
- Click here to search every blog article by category and subcategory